As the holidays approach every year Kasey and I have A LOT to reflect on and be thankful for...it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating thanksgiving weekend with Kasey's family, I was 5 months pregnant, still sick with morning sickness, but looking forward to Christmas. December 1, 1998 was the day our life would change forever...

The day before I was diagnosed...I think I look pretty healthy (that's our niece Audra on my lap)

Round 1 - 1998
Who could have known that our greatest challenge would become our greatest strength...it is through our trials that our truest character shines through...who will you be?

Round 2 - 2001

One more bone marrow biopsy before getting to go home...yeah!
Dr. Scott, Dr. Kushner, Me and nurse Jane...the day I got to come home to St George...what a good day!It's crazy to think back over the past 10 years at what we have come through...so many memories, some are too painful to share, others we hold close to our heart and still others we look forward to the day that we can forget them...but in the end...
Life has dropped more than a few trials in our path...at times they have seemed far too heavy to carry......and all I can say is thank you.....thank you for allowing us the opportunity to learn how love deeper, laugh more often and live life to the fullest...Happy Holidays!



4 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! You are amazing. I can't believe you have been through that when you are so young. That is amazing. Thanks for sharing. It sure makes you think about what is important.
I just found you on Facebook and then linked to your blog. I always thought you were a very strong and spiritual person. That is a very hard thing to go through and you did it with flying colors. Not to mention what a great husband you have to shave your head and everything! I'm glad you shared your story and make us think about what really matters!
Ashley Rappleye- we met through Melodie
WOW! Burke looked at your pictures and the sight of the I.V. pole literally made him sick. Does that ever go away! One more treatment and then we retest to see what our next plan of action is!
Hey Kristen! Thanks for finding me on facebook. I saw the link to your blog, and of course, being the blog junkie that I am, I had to snoop by. Ooops, did I say snoop? I mean stop of course. ;)
Love your post. It is a great reminder to all of us. We recently awaiting test results for my husband, and thankfully found out that there's no cancer. It may be upon us one day, but we're not going to think about it.
Have a merry Christmas. I am so thankful you are healthy & happy. It's great to see you. Your son is adorable.
Post a Comment