Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Red Mountain Cancer Walk

Jonathan's school had a mini relay for life at school today and they invited any parent, family member, friend or neighbor who have survived cancer to walk a survivors lap. (And of course I FORGOT to take my camera INTO the school! So these two from before school will have to do) I went to school with Jonathan and was the only parent in his class that was able to make it, so Mrs Perry let the whole class walk the survivor lap with me. :-) It was so great to walk the track with a class full of 4th graders. Later in the day each class spent all of their P.E. walking the track in honor of The American Cancer Society Relay for Life. It was a great opportunity to ponder where our life has been and how far we have come! 10 years later all is well, Jonathan is PERFECTLY healthy and so am I. What an amazing journey it has been for us!
My favorite 4th grader of all time! I just love this guy!

Getting ready to leave for school...Jonathan was quite worried about my walking in a skirt and sandals. Fortunately we only walked around the track once and then off to work I went!

No comments: