Monday, July 14, 2008

Cottam Family Reunion...warning...long post

This year for the Cottam Reunion, we went to Boulder Mountain over the 4th of July...what a beautiful place! Nonie and Cameron were kind enough to find the location for us. Thursday night when we arrived - we were IMMEDIATELY attacked by mosquito's the size of humming birds...they literally swarmed us the minute we got out of our car. Fortunately the family was there to greet us with bug spray. We got our tent sent up, enjoyed some dinner and visiting around the campfire. One of our favorite moments was when our Brother in law - who is now called Pyro Mark, had a little fire show for us. It was actually pretty cool...but I don't want to endorse playing with fire. Around 11 we all settled into our tents, armed with bug spray and heavy blankets. Unfortunately at about 2 am, Jonathan woke up and began vomiting - ALL OVER his sleeping bag and blankets. So here is me...2 am, half awake, a flash light in one hand, a towel in the other, FREEZING my toosh off cleaning puke, while my husband is tucked nice and warm in our bed, asking me how I am doing "over there"! Men, gotta love em! Once I got Jonathan cleaned up, the puke cleaned up and the sleeping bag and blankets out of the tent it was back to bed for me. Friday morning we all loaded up on four wheelers and headed to the lake to go fishing...it was a BEAUTIFUL lake. So peaceful and quiet. I could have stayed there forever, but my poor little guy still wasn't feeling well, and neither was I. Back to the tent for Jonathan and I to sleep off our bug. My poor sister in law Nonie came back to camp too! Poor James had been bitten by a few mosquito's and swelled right up! Check out www.cameronnoniefam.blogspot.com to see poor James. By 5 pm Friday, Kasey and I decided to call it a weekend and head home, while Nonie and Cameron also decided it was time to take James to the ER. All in all, it really was a good weekend, other a few little bugs, some vomit, and one allergic little boy! We were sad to leave early, but I was glad we did, poor Jonathan didn't feel better until the following Tuesday. One thing is for sure though...it is always an adventure with the Cottams!

2 comments:

Jenae said...

Family reunions seem notorious for illnesses and injuries, I still have to write about that side of our family reunion!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Hey, we were sad you guys had to leave early. At least you missed the rain storms the next day. ;) We'll have to try it again sometime and maybe even catch a few fish.