Monday, July 14, 2008

In Loving Memory




Kasey and I went on our weekly date Saturday Night and decided on our way home to stop by Petco to get some fish food for our pond fish. While we were there, we saw these really cute pond turtles and Jonathan has wanted a turtle forever, but I would not let him have one in the house. (for those who don't know turtles carry salmonella on their skin - so MAKE SURE your kids wash their hands if they ever touch a turtle) Anyway, we surprised him with a turtle and he was SO excited. He decided to name him Squirt. Jonathan and all the neighbor boys came over and had a great time watching Squirt swim around, come up for air and even get out of the pond. Sunday afternoon after church, Jonathan was outside and noticed that Squirt had made his way over to the fence and seemed to be sun bathing, so he left him alone. (plus his mom made him wash his hand 3 times with soap and water after he touched the turtle) A few hours later when he went back out and Squirt was gone. Jonathan was heart broken. So after a heart felt prayer he went around the neighborhood asking if anyone had seen a turtle...one of the boys up the street said he had picked up the turtle, but put in back outside when his mom said it wasn't his. So tonight, after many prayers and no luck finding the turtle...we say goodbye. We hope that Squirt has found a new home (we think someone literally picked up the turtle and took it home) and that he is being well taken care of!

5 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

Oh how sad! Kasey! This is Jamie Ingram Stephens! Annalee Bergeson said you and your wife had a blog! I often think of you and the rest of the neighborhood gang! How are you guys doing? We have a blog too! http://kevnjamie.blogspot.com come take a look, we miss all of you St. George people!

Julia Kelly said...

how sad! i think it's cute how attached kids get to things, and how sad it is to say goodbye.

Dover Fam said...

I will keep my eyes open for sure. We have two turtles in a fish tank and the kids love them. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. How sad, I will have the kids look too.

Russ said...

How awful! Seriously! Who takes another kids turtle? BTW come by anytime I don't care who is over visiting you are ALWAYS welcome! I miss adult people who can hold real conversations! Luckily for me Kenz comes by often and fills my void for conversing in actual sentences! (I just hope Sandy is okay with my monopolizing of her time these days!)

Anonymous said...

I think the nice people that live next to Mindy and Russ may have it. You know the ones who flip us off when we drive by and dropped the F bomb on my son when he asked them about it. What can you do, love em I guess.